St. John’s offers an open door for the poor, the sick, the hungry, and the homeless, right in the midst of one of the wealthiest zip codes in New Jersey.
"All guests who present themselves are to be welcomed as Christ."
These simple words, from The Rule of St. Benedict, form the basis of helping others at St. John’s. Our purpose is to prevent hunger, to care for children and provide an opportunity for growth and family self-sufficiency that can only happen when life’s basic needs are satisfied. Our doors are open to all who seek our help. We serve men and women of any age, race or background. Our guests include homeless and impoverished individuals and families with children, especially infants; the elderly and disabled, and those who are ill.
The bottom line is we want to feed and assist those in need, no questions asked and no judgments made. All involved with these ministries give of their time and talents with respect, concern and consideration for our guests. This makes it possible for our programs to provide groceries, meals and other vital assistance to all who seek our help. Our goal … no hunger in the Town of Boonton!
- The Boonton Food Pantry
- The Boonton Holiday Dinner Program
- The Saturday Luncheon Social
- The Community After School Program at St. John’s
- Northporch Ministries for Mothers and Infants
- Alcoholics Anonymous Spirituality Program
- The St. John’s Coat Drive
- The Boonton Back to School Backpack Program
- The Community Children’s Christmas Pageant